Monday, February 27, 2012

Utah Valley University 5K

Mel and I ran a 5K on Saturday at UVU! It was Julie's brilliant idea, super glad she let us tag along. THANKS JULIE!
Both of them were pro track running in High School but I just kept stats SO.... this was my first one:).
We walked/jogged/ran off and on, but mostly jogged.
Mel came in at 37.23 and I trailed behind her at 37.51. I'm not going to lie, I thought we had hit the end when we lapped ourselves for the 12th time but no one mentioned to me that the finish line was down the hallway. I sorta lost my wind and slowed down, making it really hard to continue once I realized I hadn't actually finished yet. My legs burned the rest of the day but it was such an amazing high to push myself and to keep going even though I was tired and wanted to give up. 
I still have a long way to go to just running because I love it but this was a great start.

Here we are after the run. Thanks Julie for taking it! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment