Monday, September 26, 2011

School, School, School....

This is the beginning of my last semester at BYU and I am so thrilled! I'm graduating in Recreation Management with an emphasis in Leisure Services from the Marriott School of Management. It's been a long 4-5 years and I'm ready to move on with life. I originally started out this semester only planning on taking 6 credits (2 classes) and enjoying a pretty low key ending finally. 1 day before the add/drop deadline, I got an email from my major advisement saying I was a class short to graduate in December as planned. I was shocked! I've updated my graduation plan over 12 times in the past two years. I've had three different university advisers look it over and assure me I was right on track. I guess I knew this would happen and it did. Jeez, you think the worst might happen, and it does. So I had to rearrange my scholarship contract, student health plan, find a new class to fill the requirement and buy textbooks for it. Not fun and to make things worse, the class I took it a lot of reading and busy work. The TA even said so. Super lame. The "lamer" part is that I'm to idiot who took the wrong class last semester. I took History of Creativity 202 instead or 201, but according to the Dean of General Education I would be missing out on a key portion of my education. I just figured history is history and it's not going anywhere. If there's something that crucial that I missed, I'm sure I would be able to learn about it later. Nobody asked me though so here I am in the class I didn't have to take. I'm still trying not to hate everything about it. 

Point of story, I will be happily graduating from Brigham Young University in December 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment