Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY Drawer Organizer

 I have the messiest vanity drawer EVER! No matter how I declutter and reorganize it, it turns in to a junk drawer in only a few days. I am always saving little boxes and containers so i figured this would be a great use for them. Plus, I can tell my husband that I AM actually using the "junk" I save:).


Materials:
  • A messy drawer:)
  • Scissors and/or paper cutter
  • Tape (double sided and regular is helpful)
  • Scrapbook or wrapping paper
  • Boxes, Shoe box lids, Containers, etc


My drawer

Supplies

 Figure out how they fit best. Keep in mind how you might use the space best. I always put my brush in the same place so I found a box that fit where I do that. 

 I reorganized them so there would be less gaps.

I wrapped everything like you would a present. The insides are easiest to do first.
Here is a better example of how to do that:
http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2013/01/diy-cereal-box-drawer-dividers.html

My little helper, Vienna, here was so kind to help me organize my new boxes.
She was excited about having her own box in the mix!



It was really fun and took me like an hour and a half. 
Enjoy cleaning the mess!


2 comments:

  1. Good job! It looks so neat. I love having "a place for everything, and everything in it's place".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tia! It is still working so far so I guess that really is a place for everything!

      Delete